Saturday, April 23, 2011

Earth Day Fun

Happy Saturday! Hope everyone had a wonderful Earth Day yesterday. The hubbs had to work, so the little man and I decided to quietly celebrate the occasion by working on these babies:


Hubby built them for me. Even the wood used to make them was recycled. They used to be the stands we built for our hanging string lights at our wedding. Thus the silver spray paint. Now they are serving a wonderful new purpose as our raised garden beds!

In these beauties we have strawberries, bell peppers, cucumbers, watermelon, and tomatoes. Eslewhere in the garden we have planted two clementine trees and grape vines.

As a newbie gardener, lets hope I don't kill them all. I should probably hold on to the receipts just in case. I can see myself now, doing the walk of shame into the Home Depot return area. Placing my sad, wilted, lifeless little spuds on the counter. Teary eyed I tell the young girl working the register "There was nothing more I could do..." Hmmm. Wonder if that would really fly.

Finally, take a look at my little helper.


I think my little monkey man is destined to have a green thumb. Just look how perky that grape vine is under his care.

Now I am off to make my secret recipe strawberry cheesecake for Easter tomorrow. I should also attempt to get my house in some semblance of order.

Have a great Saturday, and wonderful Easter!

Blissfully,

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment