Friday, April 22, 2011

Oh Where Oh Where Have I Been?

When I started this, I had all these lofty hopes and self expectations. I was going to blog every day. I was going to share the process of preparing our home for our wedding, all the neat crafts I was doing, what life as a mom was like for me. And in a way my prolonged absence truly summed all of that up nicely. Life.Is.Crazy.

Now that I have let myself feel the self disappointment of an unfulfilled goal, here is a very brief recap of the last several months.

Worked on the house. A LOT.

Hubby working with a stump grinder after removing a 25 ft tree

Worked on a whole lota wedding crafts. Someday I will add a little DIY section for everyone to flip through.
 
Had a beautiful wedding with my amazing man and all of our family. (Almost everything in this photo, the hanging lights, the banners, the photos, even the table clothes were done by us and our family)

Our first dance. My bustle went caput, so sadly my dress is pretty tromped on now. But in retrospect it doesn't even matter.

Celebrated a first birthday. Hard to believe this funny, smart, 
hunky little man has been with us for a year already!
The little man is tall and skinny. You would never know looking 
at him that he would eat the entire cake.

And gave my husband his very first Christmas gift since we said our vows. 
Maybe it's just me, but I think it was a memorable one.

That is the annotated recap of the very busy past 8 months. Not that I think so highly of myself that I imagine tons of people pouring over this little page. But if you are slightly interested I hope you stick around and enjoy. I have an endless list of things to do. Some are highly mundane, but some just might be worth reading.

Blissfully,

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment